There are a few all-important spa maintenance checks to perform on a regular basis. They’ll keep your hot tub clean and sanitary so you can enjoy it often. Plus, continued maintenance adds to the longevity of your spa.
An easy way to remember when to do these tasks is to schedule routine maintenance on your phone using personal reminders.
5-point hot tub maintenance checklist:
- Clean your filter every month. Using a garden hose, spray the filter and rotate while spraying to thoroughly remove any debris lodged between the filter pleats. Replace your filter every three years with a genuine Watkins® replacement filter.
- Drain and refill the hot tub once every three to four months – just once per year if using a Salt system – for optimal water upkeep. Instructions for refilling your spa can be found in the hot tub owner’s manual.
- Check and clean the skimmer basket weekly to ensure proper filter flow. Remove leaves, foreign matter, and debris.
- Sanitise the spa. We highly recommend the easy-to-use Freshwater® Salt System. Delivering pure, natural feeling water with fewer chemicals and less fuss, the Freshwater Salt System uses a maintenance-free cartridge to generate chlorine from salt. Harsh odours are virtually eliminated, and water is gentle on eyes and skin. Every model in our Utopia™ and Paradise™ series comes Freshwater Salt System ready.
With the FROG® In-Line Water Care System there’s no need to measure chemicals, just insert the cartridge and change it out according to the directions. Our Vacanza™ series spas come FROG cartridge ready.
- Consider adding a high-output Monarch™ Corona Discharge (CD) ozone system. It works well with the FROG® In-Line Water Care System and keeps the water clean and fresh longer. Ozone should not be used with Salt Systems.
You can get more in-depth help keeping your hot tub water clean with our comprehensive hot tub water care guide.
Use your spa often! Regular use means you’ll be attentive to the way your spa performs.