According to a recent post at USA.gov, most Americans start each year focused on improving their lives by committing to one of these 12 most popular New Year’s Resolutions:
Scanning the list, you might notice a pattern: People generally want to feel better physically and emotionally. That’s no surprise to us at Caldera Spas—we know that enjoying better self-care is a priority for busy and overworked adults in this country. Some folks might even believe (i.e. some of us here at Caldera) that health is the new marker of success in America.
Eating healthy and whole foods, exercising regularly, and finding time to balance work with other activities can take effort. Most people break their resolutions because that effort is just too hard. At 20-Minute Renewal, we recommend a more gentle approach to self-care. Instead of imposing rules you’re likely to break, try doing what Tara Rayburn, the Healthy Habit Coach suggests: “the best healthy habit to start with is the habit you will actually do.”
We know that spending 20 minutes a day in your Caldera hot tub will help you feel better physically and emotionally, just as many other lifestyle habits can contribute to your well-being. We’ve compiled a list of some new healthy habits our team at 20-Minute Renewal is focused on in the new year. Here are our top 5 from that list:
10. Grow your own food. Did you know that about 43 million US households have an edible garden? Growing herbs, fruit and vegetables can be done in a few simple steps. We think the delicious benefits far outweigh the small about of work it takes to keep up a garden.
9. Improve your backyard. A spa is a mini-oasis experience; update your backyard to become a private paradise. Consider trying one of our suggested 20 minute projects makeover your space by adding candles, warm towels and soft music to create a spa-like ambiance in your outdoor space.
8. Get inspiration. Whether you’re a glass half-empty or half-full type, positive thinking is an elixir for the mind. Get inspired with these quotes or visit our Pinterest board – we update it often!
7. Grill more and go outdoors. Take more time to enjoy the invigorating fresh air by rejuvenating in the hot tub before bed or enjoying al fresco dining with your family. Fire up your grill and try one of these new BBQ recipes.
6. Remember your posture. We love these simple habits to improve posture that include some of our favorite activities like going for a walk and ending the day in the spa.
Watch for Part 2 of this blog post next week when we’ll share five more wellness ideas. In the meantime, we’d love it if you’d share this list and inspire your family, friends and co-workers to fit more healthy habits into their new year. Cheers to a happy and healthy new year!!