We always talk about how using your hot tub is a healthy habit. It certainly is, and you have to keep your hot tub healthy, too. Fortunately, we’ve made it easy! A little maintenance goes a long way toward keeping your Caldera® spa in perfect working order.
There are a few all-important checks to perform on a regular basis. They’ll keep your hot tub clean and sanitary so you can enjoy it often. Plus, continued maintenance adds to the longevity of your spa.
An easy way to remember when to do these tasks is to schedule routine maintenance on your phone using personal reminders.
5-point Caldera hot tub checklist:
1. Clean your filter every month. Using a garden hose, spray the filter and rotate while spraying to thoroughly remove any debris lodged between the filter pleats. Replace your filter every three years with a genuine Watkins® replacement filter.
2. Drain and refill the hot tub once every three to four months for optimal water upkeep. Instructions for refilling your spa can be found in the owner’s manual.
3. Check and clean the skimmer basket weekly to ensure proper filter flow. Remove leaves, foreign matter, and debris.
4. Sanitize the spa. We highly recommend the FROG® In-Line Water Care System. You don't have to measure chemicals, just insert two cartridges and change them out according to the directions. Minerals and bromine work together to keep water clean. You can set dosage based on spa use.
5. Consider adding a high-output Monarch® Corona Discharge (CD) ozone system. It works great with the FROG bromine and mineral system and keeps the water clean and fresh longer.
Use your spa often! Regular use means you’ll be attentive to the way your spa performs.
Maintaining a healthy ritual of rejuvenation and self care is a great resolution, and your hot tub can help you achieve that goal. Take good care of it, and it will return the favor.